Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Thriller Sub-Genres

Thriller is a genre used in films which makes the audience feel tensed or excited after seeing a cliffhanger in the film. There are a variety of thriller sub genres which may include elements of other genres. 

Crime Thriller - Seven
Psychological Thriller - Panic room
Conspiracy Thriller - Awake
Supernatural Thriller - Lady in the Water

The Shining which comes under the psychological thriller category has inspired me the most at the moment. The characters where shown to be mentally unstable and emotional which made me feel creeped out so therefore it makes you feel more awake for the film. The camera movements has really inspired me especially when the camera is following Danny Torrance from behind him to build up tension. This is called a tracking shot with a steadicam. I also liked the sound in this scene when the wheel is on wooden flooring and is abruptly silent as it crosses over carpet this is very effective.It was one of my favorite scene in this film becasue it consists of all the thriller elements and it litterally made me veryy anxious!!







No comments:

Post a Comment